The short link to this page is: http://ow.ly/kCOGH
This is it! I have made references on previous occasions to something I have called The Great Transition. However this is the first time I have mentioned a project which I have been developing over the past few weeks that goes by the very same name: The Great Transition. You can see an overview of the project below the book cover.
I have already formed a Meet Up group in Melbourne. Our first meeting just two days ago was very promising, with an enthusiastic fourteen members attending. This particular Meet Up group is for Melbournites only (unless you are willing to fly in to our meetings!). However, there will eventually be a Mind Shift web site all of its own, and anybody, anywhere across the globe is free to visit or become a member. Meanwhile, you can read regular updates here on this page.
I listed some initial practical possibilities for this project here.
If you are as passionate about The Great Transition and related subject matters as I am, please share this information via social media or email. There is an enormous amount of time, work and money (not to mention enthusiasm) required to keep this project alive, so please help us out. Thank you! This is a big project, and I can’t do it all myself. If you’d like to help in any way, email me, Marcus, email@example.com. I need help with things like designing and maintaining the upcoming web site, social media promotion, helping update the database of files and links etc.
Without further ado, here are the details of the Great Transition project, in its essence. Marcus
[facebook] [retweet] [twitter name=”marcustanthony1″] [buzz] [stumble] [digg]
The Great Transition
What it means for the future of science, life and business
Marcus T. Anthony, PhD,
“Where will The Great Transition take us, and how can we create opportunities from it?”
The Great Transition refers to the fast-approaching era of science and culture which acknowledges the reality of the extended mind and the spiritual dimensions of human experience. The Great Transition explores exciting developments & possibilities in a wide array of domains including business, spirituality, philosophy, social media, education & learning, the arts, health & healing biology, physics, consciousness studies, computing etc.
The Great Transition heralds an era of tremendous opportunity for all those passionate about expanded human futures and the untapped potentials within the human mind.
· Futurist Marcus T Anthony indicates a new direction of change, & outlines what it will mean for life, work, science, education & society
· A key purpose of The Great Transition is to stimulate thinking & get people to begin expanding their thoughts about what is possible with the future of mind
· This project has a practical focus: aimed at people who would like to seize opportunities
· The Great Transition is a stimulus to encourage those with the imagination & foresight to explore concrete opportunities in business, career, research or life orientation.
· A major shift is emerging – a dramatic change in what it means to be human
· The 21st century will increasingly be an era of connectedness, both technologically & spiritually
· Old notions of consciousness being localised in brains will be replaced by reality of the extended mind – a mind that is in dynamic relationship with other people, the environment & the cosmos itself.
Aims of the Project
· To publish The Great Transition (book), which will be a powerful reference book (updated regularly)
· To form The Great Transition group (international think tank) to bring together a group of committed, influential experts to form a pool of knowledge & resources
· To present an overview of some of the most important current ideas and/or
scientific developments in practical applications of The Great Transition
· To make informed predictions about where each domain may develop in the coming decades as the Great Transition takes more definite form
· To suggest opportunities for learning, business and personal growth in each domain
· To present video and text interviews with leading thinkers in each domain
· Regular updates (www.mind-futures.com/great-mind-shift)